Job Offer: Conference Planning and Development Manager for the North American Maritime Ministry Association (NAMMA)
(Posted January 6, 2022)
(position description here in .pdf or below)
About the Association: The North American Maritime Ministry Association (NAMMA), a Christian association, provides fellowship, encouragement, advocacy, education, and spiritual and professional development for those in maritime ministry. NAMMA is a nonprofit association defined within section 501c (3) of the United States Internal Revenue Service Code (EIN: 23-7065131). Our official mailing and registration address is in Massachusetts, and our members, board and Executive Director are spread throughout the United States and Canada.
Job Description: Manage and Develop the in-person meetings of NAMMA, principally the annual conference.
Hours: 2.5 days per week, 50% FTE on average, but adapted hours in the lead-up to and during events. Billed monthly on contract basis.
Location: Work from home office in United States or Canada (Eastern Time Zone preferred), access to high-speed Internet connection and computer essential. On site during events. Ability to travel to events in United States is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary contact for meeting inquiries and concerns before, during, and after events
- Lead fundraising and reporting for annual conference, including attracting sponsors and exhibitors
- Manage promotion of events, signup of registrants, and meeting documentation
- Support Executive Director and staff in coordination of all program activities
- Develop process improvements based on emerging trends to enhance event planning
- Provide Executive Director detailed options for venue booking, meeting room set-up, AV devices and catering
- Develop and distribute meeting materials to attendees before meeting start
- Update conference websites and social media accurately for latest event information
- Maintain meeting calendar and ensure event planning is on track
- Assist Executive Director with A/V or media during events
Skills, Education and Experience
- Strong computer processing skills, especially GSuite and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience in managing meetings on videoconference software
- Experience in managing conferences or meetings a great asset
- Experience in database design and oversight an asset
- Demonstrated ability in graphic design and event marketing an asset
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, along with editing and proofreading aptitude
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility
- Strong organization and analytical skills, sound judgment, with attention to detail
- Ability to operate both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated aptitude to comprehend directions to perform assignments with minimal supervision
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Four-year degree from accredited university in any major preferred
- Awareness of maritime ministry or seafarers’ welfare is an asset
- Proven ability to work effectively in a Christian, ecumenical setting is essential
To apply for this position, please send to Dr. Jason Zuidema, Executive Director, NAMMA (email@example.com)
- a brief cover letter
- a copy of your C.V. (resume) with relevant work experience
- two or three references
Consideration of applications will begin January 10, 2022.